LinkedIn is a great tool for networking with people in your industry or workplace, but is still considered a professional, business environment: asking someone to Link-In with you, is not quite the same as sending a friend request via Facebook. The article, “5 Rules for Asking Your LinkedIn Connections for Help,” by Carrie Mantha outlines how you can ask your connections for help the right way, that will surely get you a response. They are…
1. State why you are contacting them in the subject line
2. Be specific in your inquisition
3. Include some personal details about your aspirations and personality
4. Put your information in an easily accessible and forward-able format
5. Follow-up with them and thank them for any opportunities that come your way as a result
Visit the article for more information about each tip, and get to networking!