Simply put…Words matter. Do not underestimate the importance that words have when either strengthening bonds or fracturing them. “Employee” has a different connotation than “team member” or “key contributor,” and “I’m going to need you to” comes across differently than “are you open to some feedback.”
• Do you separate observations from judgments or assumptions?
• Do you set a positive tone during coaching sessions?
• Do you demonstrate sincerity in wanting to help your direct reports?
• Do you customize your coaching approach depending on the person you are coaching?
• Do you give positive as well as negative feedback?
#leadershipassessment #wordsmatter #recruiter #sales #marketing #buildingproducts #recruiting #leadership #buildingmaterials
Contact us today!