Its time to revisit once again an all too familiar topic that never seems to lose its value: the importance of balancing one’s career and their personal lives.
Thomas Merton conveys this excellently when he quotes, “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.” But for big dreamers, allowing time to allocate towards realizing your vision can sometimes exclude time spent for relaxation, spontaneity, and connection.
Lori Deschene has compiled an article that highlights 6 tips that, she believes, helps to answer an everlasting question: “How do you create work/life balance?”
- Keep your approach flexible.
- Define things that are non-negotiable.
- Embrace imperfection and chaos.
- Let the little things go.
- Allow yourself to achieve flow.
- Don’t put all your eggs in your inbox.
Visit the article above and read a summary of each trait, as well as a quote to help you remember to implement these actions in your lives!