Recent graduates are likely to take the first job that gets thrown their way with a quip of, “Well I’m lucky to even have a job!” A few months later, you might find yourself questioning if you made the right career choice. So what is the difference between a job and a career? The article, “Is Your Job Really a Career?,” by Alex Keckes outlines the basics to deciphering this question.
· What you had when you were going to school
· There is no “career path” or next level to advance
· Little to no passion is involved
· Defined as gainful employment
· The opportunity exists to build and sharpen your skill set and unique talents
· You have passion for your everyday work
· Can get you where you want to be in 5 to 10 years
Visit the article for more in-depth discussion on how to tell the difference!
Here is what you will copy and paste into FB, LI and Google+
Do you have a job or a career?
Visit the article below to learn the difference!